Network of Excellence in Seniors’ Health and Wellness
We work to ensure seniors have the support they need to age with dignity. We engage families, caregivers, academia, industry and communities in advocating for seniors’ needs and transforming seniors’ care through innovation.
Covenant Health created the Network of Excellence in Seniors’ Health and Wellness in 2013 to help build capacity across Alberta to better support seniors.
Our focus is to:
- shape philosophies of seniors’ care
- advocate for seniors’ needs
- design, test and promote innovative approaches to meeting seniors’ needs
Since 2013, we have:
- worked with seniors, families and caregivers to identify priorities and define care that honours seniors
- supported innovative projects designed to transform seniors’ care in a variety of settings — acute care, long-term care, supportive living and community-based care
- led efforts to shape care across Covenant that honours seniors by:
- collaborating with seniors, families and professional caregivers
- increasing awareness of seniors’ needs
- identifying and sharing best care practices
- supporting learning
- collaborated with individuals and groups to build a roadmap for better aging