St. Therese Villa
St. Therese Villa is a friendly, caring designated supportive living community. We provide services tailored to your needs. We are one of the few sites where you can live as a couple, even if you need different levels of care.
We offer interpretive services for residents and families who prefer to communicate in a language other than English. You may request services in person, through live video or over the phone.
To arrange for an interpreter, speak to a member of your care team.
Our team offers spiritual care services to our residents and families, regardless of faith, background or tradition. We honour each person’s wishes and unique journey.
Our chaplain is on-site to respond to a wide range of needs. They may:
- support you with end-of-life concerns, including ceremonies, memorial planning and decision-making
- help you explore meaning and purpose in life
- support you during grief and loss
- explore ethical concerns facing residents and staff
- provide religious care (prayer, requests for sacraments or visits from faith leaders)
- help you explore your understanding of God or the Divine
- arrange a quiet space for you in the chapel
Two days per week and on-call
Ask a member of your care team to connect you with our chaplain.
Supportive living level 4
Our centre includes 140 private suites, including 16 couple’s suites, for supportive living (SL4). Each suite has its own bathroom.
Supportive living for dementia
Our centre includes 60 secure suites for people living with dementia who need support with health and personal care. Each room has its own bathroom.
Amenities for residents
Each of our supportive living units has its own dining room that can seat up to 39 residents. Each of our supportive living for dementia units seats 12 residents.
We serve meals three times a day and you can choose between two options at lunch and dinner. There is also a roving snack cart.
Cafeteria and pub
We have a cafeteria with vending machines and a pub that is open to residents, families and staff.
11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Laundry rooms are available on each unit.
The chapel is open 24/7 for quiet reflection and prayer. We host services two days a week based on resident preferences. Faith communities are also welcome to book the chapel for services. Contact the facility recreation department to make a booking.
We have a salon on site. Contact our administration office for more information.
Our library is open daily.
For your enjoyment, we offer:
- lounge areas with a television on every unit (where recreation activities take place)
- a large atrium where we host recreational activities and live entertainment
- two recreation rooms where you can participate in activities such as cooking, baking and meal clubs
- outings for shopping and country drives using our Covenant Health bus
We have two beautiful courtyards, a large gazebo and a playground right in front of the building where you can spend time with your family and friends.
- A podiatrist comes to the site monthly to provide nail care for a fee.
- You or your family can arrange for dental care to come to the site.
Pets cannot live on site, but families and visitors can register a pet and bring the pet for visits. We also have people from the community who visit regularly with support and therapy animals.
Resident and Family Council
Our Resident and Family Council gives you and your family members a chance to ask questions and tell us what is working or not working on your unit. It is open to every resident on every unit. Each unit hosts a council meeting every six weeks.
Our Resident Dining Committee works with food services staff to create menus for meals.
Remi Bolarinwa says observing Black History Month throughout Covenant Health is important for learning and awareness.
February 1, 2024
St. Therese Villa was recently voted by residents as one of the top three seniors living complex in the annual Best of the Best competition.
March 11, 2022
Volunteers sew activity aprons to provide purpose and comfort for residents with dementia at St. Therese Villa in Lethbridge.
July 6, 2020
Each private room contains:
- a bathroom including a barrier-free shower
- a large window that opens partially
- a closet
- a kitchen sink, countertop and space for a fridge (except for in dementia care suites)
- a nurse call system
- Capacity for a double bed
We are located on the south side of Lethbridge in a well-established neighbourhood. There are several big box stores and other amenities close by.
Stop the spread of germs
- For the safety of our patients and residents, we encourage you to clean your hands when you visit. See A Guide to Clean Hands for information on protecting yourself and your loved ones.
- If you’re sick, wait and visit your loved one when you’re feeling better. If you must visit and you’re coughing or sneezing, consider wearing a mask to protect your loved one.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, and then discard the tissue. If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough into your upper sleeve or elbow.
- Clean your hands often with soap and water or hand sanitizer, especially after coughing or sneezing.
We have limited free visitor parking, including accessible stalls, in the parking lot in front of the building or on the street. Please don’t park in the marked fire access areas.
General resourcesResident and family handbook Your role in safe care Request health information or health records St. Therese Villa Legacy Story
Supportive living resourcesAlzheimer's Society of Alberta and Northwest Territories Canadian Mental Health Association Getting a case manager Learn about supportive living Levels of care Support for caregivers
Looking for a specific service area?
Check this location's list of services.