People and communities
Our Compassionate Alberta website is designed to help Albertans have conversations about what matters most, when it matters most.
The site focuses on raising awareness of palliative care and advance care planning as well as assisting community organizations in empowering the people they serve. There are four sections:
- Plan ahead (advance care planning and other types of end-of-life planning)
- Learn about palliative care
- Build community support
- Talk about death and dying
Compassionate Alberta builds on Palliative Care Matters, a national campaign promoting access to high-quality palliative care, which we led between 2016-2019.
Palliative care services
Visit MyHealth Alberta to find palliative care services in your area. You may access these Covenant sites through your local health zone services also.
- Tertiary palliative care unit — Unit 43, Grey Nuns Community Hospital, Edmonton
- Mel Miller Hospice — Unit 9Y, Edmonton General Continuing Care Centre
- Palliative hospice care, St. Joseph’s Auxiliary Hospital, Edmonton
- Carmel Hospice, St. Joseph’s Home, Medicine Hat
- St. Michael's Health Centre, Lethbridge
- Foyer Lacombe, St. Albert
- Dulcina Hospice, St. Marguerite Manor, Calgary