HSAA paramedical professional and technical
Your position is covered under the terms and conditions of the HSAA paramedical professional and technical collective agreement. Make sure you are familiar with this agreement, particularly any local conditions specific to your position.
If you are eligible, you must enroll in benefit offerings within the first 31 days of initial eligibility as per your employee grouping. We will notify you through your Covenant Health email when you can elect benefits.
Learn more about benefits and pension at Covenant Health.
See the Probationary Period article or Local Conditions for EMS in your collective agreement.
If you transfer to a new position within the bargaining unit, see the Promotions, Transfers and Vacancies article for information about trial periods.
Previous experience, portability and site transfers
Recognition of previous experience
We may recognize relevant work experience hours from previous positions or employers to determine your salary placement. This only applies to time worked before your start date with Covenant Health. For more information, see the Salaries article in your collective agreement.
You will be placed at Step 1 of the salary grid for your job classification. To have your rate of pay adjusted, you must submit your previous experience for review.
You may port the following if you meet the conditions of the collective agreement (e.g., termination from a previous employer with same provisions):
- Vacation with Pay article, which applies to vacation accrual date only
- Sick Leave article
You may be eligible to transfer entitlements to Covenant Health from AHS or APL providing conditions are met under Letter of Understanding #17.
You must make a request before your start date with us. Submit eligibility inquiries or site transfer requests through your current employer:
- AHS at email@example.com
- APL through HR Business Partnerships
When leaving your position, make sure you inform your manager. They will need to use the transfer between AHS and COV when processing your resignation.
See recognition of previous experience, portability and site transfers for more details. You will need your employee ID to submit these requests.
Temporary license, registration or practice permit
Once you receive your full license/registration/practice permit, you will need to submit the following through the HR Contact Centre ServiceHub:
- License and Practice Permit Cover Form
- copy of your new license/registration/practice permit
- copy of the results of your exam or date you became eligible for full registration, where applicable
You will not be eligible for increments until your full license, registration or practice permit has been submitted and processed.
How to submit through the HR Contact Centre ServiceHub
- Log in to the HR Contact Centre ServiceHub
- Under Get Support, select HR Catalogue
- Select HR Administration from the Categories, then the Rate of Pay tile
- Under Request Type, select Education/license
- Under Please type your request, specify "For review by HRBSSS, Covenant Health for license/practice permit changes" and upload the documents identified above.